Saturday, September 13, 2008

They will find us.....


There was a documentary on the other night, summarising the considerable efforts that humanity has made over the past few decades to find ET. It was all very upbeat, loads of clever bastards telling me how it was inevitable that contact would happen one day and that this was likely to be within the next 10 years or so. In truth, a bit dull and whilst I have no doubt that we are not alone, none of what was being said was particularly new and certainly didn’t warrant the enthusiasm that the various experts exuded. That said, my attention was held (through repeat footage of Martian landscapes and those oh so boring thermal vents) by the promise that the star of the show (and one of my heroes) Mr Stephen Hawkin, would be along to say something at the end. I was expecting his opinion to be definitive and I guess, in a way, it was.

‘We shouldn’t be looking for alien life forms, we should be…yeah John, drop off and pick up outside the Big Mango, over…be keeping our heads down and hoping that they don’t find us. Sorry about the interference there.’

No science trickery, no super hypothesis, just plain old common sense. And let’s face it, if Hawkin is scared, shouldn’t we be scared too? After all, when the Daleks eventually find us, he already speaks the lingo. All he needs is a bin bag and some bottle tops and he’ll probably be okay.

Recycling Jimmy

7 comments:

Day Walker said...

Looking at the women in the UK, I think it is safe to say that Aliens are already amoungst us.

Andy Tilley said...

It's a good point daywalker. Hawkin's may need another bin liner to double bag 'em if he gets lucky.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My name is Lara Glew. I've just visited your site and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a home page link back from my Recycling website which would be (http://www.lara-glew.com).

Your link will be placed here:
http://www.lara-glew.com (It`s a recycling website)

As mentioned, your link would be placed on the site home page, not on any "links" pages which may be buried in the site somewhere.

If you are interested please add the following information to your website and kindly let me know when it´s ready and I will do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site.

TITLE: Recycling
URL: http://www.snaffleup.co.uk
DESCRIPTION: SnaffleUp The recycling web site designed to keep useful items out of landfill.

Or you can use the following html code:

Recycling Site - SnaffleUp The recycling web site designed to keep useful items out of landfill.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time,

Lara Glew
lara.glew@lara-glew.com

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My name is Lara Glew. I've just visited your website and I was wondering if you'd be

interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a home page link back from

my Recycling website which would be (http://www.lara-glew.com) with Page Rank 3.

Your link will be placed here:
http://www.lara-glew.com (It`s a recycling website with PR3)

As mentioned, your link would be placed on the site home page, not on any "links" pages

which may be buried in the site somewhere.

If you are interested please add the following information to your website and kindly let

me know when it´s ready and I will do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you

can delete my link from your site.

TITLE: SnaffleUp
URL: http://www.snaffleup.co.uk
DESCRIPTION: SnaffleUp The recycling web site designed to keep useful items out of

landfill.

Or you can use the following html code:

SnaffleUp - SnaffleUp The recycling web site

designed to keep useful items out of landfill.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time,

Lara Glew
lara.glew@lara-glew.com

sartaj faisal said...

Hi

Great post.

Diet Plan
,
Walk In Clinic
,
Healthy Diet Foods
,
Pain Management
,
Health and Medicine
,
Real estate blogs
,
JObs opportunities for us
,
Travel In Pakistan

Unknown said...

You have some interesting thoughts! Perhaps we should contemplate about attempting this myself.

Study in UK

Black Smith said...

I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here
Surgical instruments
Dental Instruments
Beauty instruments